I wanted share a little simple recipe I use periodically as a deep facial scrub. If anyone cares enough to use it, go ahead if it helps.
As a side note, I have oily skin with occasional acne. I use this to really clean my large pores. The extra virgin olive oil helps hydrate your skin while the honey has antibacterial properties that help combat acne.
What you need:
- Woven Cotten Pads ( I use the large ones)
- Warm-Hot Water
- Drinking Glass or Bowl
- Foundation Brush
- 1/2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3/4 teaspoon of sugar
(I’ll provide photos another day if needed.)
- I usually start off with rinsing a drinking glass with hot water (it helps make the honey more soluble; I don’t like using honey straight up on my face because it makes my face uncomfortably sticky.)
- Place the following contents into the glass cup: extra virgin olive oil, honey, and sugar.
- Proceed to mix the contents with the foundation brush until it becomes a well blended substance.
- Take a woven cotton pad and put it under the faucet to soak it in warm/hot water briefly. (I choose the woven cotton pad due to it’s durability for the scrub.)
- Then I placed the cotton pad between the palms of my hands and squeezed excess water out until it is left semi-damp.
- Load the foundation brush with the contents of the honey scrub onto the damp cotton pad.
- Dampen your face with water before scrubbing- it’ll help soften your skin a bit. Then rub the cotton pad on places like your nose, chin, forehead, or anywhere that needs a good deep clean scrub.
- Rinse and you’re done. Weekly or bi-weekly treatments are fine.
Hope this was helpful-
Beauty, Honey Is Your BFF